Benefits of Smart Heating
- Automatic service.
- Better heating quality with individual and stable heating.
- Room level accuracy.
20-35% cost savings
- Up to 35% savings in heating energy.
- Additional savings in maintenance costs, with improved resident satisfaction and Demand-side Management.
Raised value of property
- Digitizing a traditional technology.
- Modernizes the building heating system.
- Brand image as an advanced real estate service.
- Connectable to other building automation systems.
- 2/3 of the energy consumption of housing is spent on heating.
- In Finland 15% savings on heating energy equals to remove 590.000 cars from traffic.
Adaptive and intelligent
- Patented algorithms.
- Machine learning the individual heat response of each room.
- Predictive to the local forecast.
- Adaptive to local changes.
Optimal environment for increased work performance
- According to VTT, the perceived optimal temperature varies within 6°C.
- 1°C deviation decreases work performance with 2%, that is >1.000€/a in average wage.
- Fourdeg enables room level temperature setting.
- Automated service with a real-time remote access.
- Alarms and tracking for preventive maintenance and immediate action.
- Reports to improve energy efficiency and renovation planning.
- Managing a number of buildings efficiently.
Easy and affordable thermal renovation
- An independent solution, or in conjunction with other thermal renovations.
- Fast installation, premises can be in normal use and heating is not cut off.
- Up to a 3-6 years payback.
- A profitable investment.
Office building, Kuopio
Residential building, Helsinki
A+ Office Building, Helsinki
Image (C) Rhinoceros Oy / City of Helsinki Media Bank
How smart thermostats work
The service is implemented by replacing the old water radiator thermostats with smart heating WiFi -thermostats connected to the cloud service via Internet.
Local weather forecast
The service learns the individual thermal response of each room, that is how a room warms up or cools down. For example a corner room is heated differently than a room in the middle of the building.
A WiFi-thermostat reads the target temperature and heating program from the service. It sends local information, such as the room temperature, to the service.